Frequently asked questions
How to use BBS
Before you post a problem on the forum, you should do the following:
- Read the documentation and the Arch wiki (this will solve most "How do I do x?" problems)
- Use an internet search engine to try to find pages that already contain the solution
- Use the Arch Linux forum search for the same thing
If you really can't find the answer after that, use the following guidelines for posting:
- Choose a descriptive title (not "MY SYSTEM IS BROKEN, HELP!!!!!", which is not only unhelpful but also rude and childish)
- Provide specific information, such as setup, applications involved, error messages, relevant logs, etc ("it doesn't work" and "x is broken" are not helpful)
- Be polite. Nobody owes you any help.
Once you've found the answer, edit your first post and add "[SOLVED]" to title. If you find the solution yourself, do not forget to post it as well.