BankId on Linux
Despite being required by a number a state organizations, BankId is based on a proprietary protocol and implementation. This pages summarizes the possibilities to run it on Linux. It complements the pages in Swedish by the Ubuntu Sweden Team.
Direct execution on Linux
No solution for the latest version of the protocol.
Execution in virtual machines
- The Windows desktop client works well in a virtual machine (eg VirtualBox). It requires a physical card reader (ask it to your bank), and to redirect the corresponding USB device in the VirtualBox configuration.
- The mobile client for Android has been reported to work in RemixOS running in a virtual box, but this does not seem to work anymore.
- At some point, one could run the Android client in Chrome using ARC Welder / ARChon
- There once was an AUR package but it no longer works, since the
sourceisn't available anymore. 
- The free implementation of BankID FriBID also no longer works with the current version of BankID.
- The Windows client does not work in a Wine emulator.
- Mobilt does not work in a standard Android emulator