Bluetooth GPRS Howto
Revision as of 20:34, 10 August 2007 by Usv (Added more instructions, not ready yet)
This Howto will describe, how to set up a GPRS Internet connection using bluetooth device and compatible mobile phone.
- Linux compatible bluetooth device
- Bluetooth enabled mobile phone - I'm using Nokia N70
- Install bluez-utils, bluez-libs and dbus (install also ppp if you havent):
pacman -S bluez-utils bluez-libs dbus
- Start dbus and bluetooth service:
/etc/rc.d/dbus start /etc/rc.d/bluetooth start
- Scan for nearby bluetooth devices:
hcitool scan Scanning ... 00:19:79:89:13:8E Penpen N70Now, mark that above address, it's the bluetooth hardware address of your mobile phone (provided that the name in the right matches what you have written in the phone).