btpd is a BitTorrent client daemon.
It's in AUR, get/installit it with your AUR helper or manually.
$ cower -d btpd && makepkg && pacman -U *.pkg
The configuration lies in /etc/conf.d/btpd. Actually in the file there's just a definition for $BTPD_ARGS, which is included in /etc/rc.d/btpd. The configuration file could look something like this:
# # Arguments to be passed to the BitTorrent Protocol Daemon # btpdUSER="zie" # See the note, for this option to work. DIR="/home/zie/down/.torrents" # It'll create a directory 'torrents' in there, and sock, pid, log. No content here. PORT="6881" OUTLIMIT="0" # Measured in kB/s, 0 means unlimited. INLIMIT="0" # Measured in kB/s, 0 means unlimited. # See other options in `man btpd` BTPD_ARGS="-d $DIR -p $PORT --bw-out $OUTLIMIT --bw-in $INLIMIT"
NOTE: It's meant to be used from userland, although you could run it from your user, but that requires a tweak in the default deamon. Change line 11 to: "su $btpdUSER -c "/usr/bin/btpd $BTPD_ARGS" &> /dev/null".
Through btcli: (don't forget to configure working directory with -d)
- Add foo.torrent, with content dir /home/user/foo.torrent.d/, and start it: $ btcli add -d /home/user/foo.torrent.d foo.torrent
- Same as above without starting it: $ btcli add -N -d /home/user/foo.torrent.d foo.torrent
- Display a list btpd’s torrents and their number, size, status, etc: $ btcli list
- Same as above, but only for torrent 12 and my.little.torrent: $ btcli list 12 my.little.torrent
- Same as above but only for active torrents: $ btcli list -a
- Use a custom list forma: $btcli list -f "btcli list -f "%n\t%#\t%p%s\t%r\n"
- Start bar.torrent and torrent number 7: $ btcli start bar.torrent 7
- Stop torrent number 7: $ btcli stop 7
- Stop all active torrents: $ btcli stop -a
- Remove bar.torrent and it’s associated information from btpd: $ btcli del bar.torrent
- Display a summary of up/download stats for the active torrents: $ btcli stat
- Display the summary once every five seconds: $ btcli stat -w 5
- Same as above, but also display individual stats for each active torrent: $ btcli stat -w 5 -i
- Shut down btpd: $ btcli kill
[to be written]
--zie: This is my first wiki page, I hope it's not too horrible.