NEXT BUG DAY: not set yet
Number of bugs:
|Project||At begin||At end||Closed|
- Please use the bug title for the links' names, so that we don't need to click on the link to know what a bug is about.
- If you have fixed a bug, enclose it with <s></s> tags.
- Developers should make sure that, in the dashboard, they are listed as maintainer for both arches (i686 and x86_64) for the package they maintain.
- Ensure bugs are assigned to the right person (package maintainers do change sometimes).
- Ensure bugs are in the right top-level project (Release Engineering, Pacman, etc.).
- If fixes are provided for some bugs, please test and report them as fixed.
- 1 Installer
- 2 System
- 3 Packages
- 3.1 [core]
- 3.2 [extra]
- 3.3 [community]
- 4 Website
- 5 Pacman
The following items impact network connectivity (wired and wireless). Addressing these bugs may drastically improve network performance for affected users.
- FS#11273 - [initscripts] New network daemon fails to associate with a significant number of cards.
- FS#11781 - [initscripts] NIC bonding does not work when using dhcp
- FS#16085 - [dcron] Replace with bcron - need decision on whether or not to switch from Aaron or someone
- FS#16435 - [kernel26] Revert bad commit to joydev - awaiting .32 to see if it's fixed, otherwise make a decision in January 10
- FS#12314 - [syslog-ng] Change distribution logging system to rsyslog - need decision on whether or not to switch from Aaron or someone
- FS#12476 - [initscripts] start deamons in background improvment - get your opinions in by January, then we will decide
FS#12049 - [wpa_supplicant] rc.d script
- FS#13282 - [bash] add bash-completion optdepends - close in January if nobody objects, as won't implement
- FS#12662 - [dcron] Missing MTA dependancy in dcron - depends somewhat on whether or not we switch do bcron, per above; hope to decide that soon
- FS#16666 - [ca-certificates] didn't create /etc/ssl/certs/
- FS#11125 - [initscripts] Add/Disable Daemons via Bootloader
- FS#16395 - keyboard problem on my macbook
- FS#15991 - [initscripts] Order of ACPI modules - fixed in latest initscripts, waiting to go to core
- FS#15367 - [mkinitcpio] config file is not found with -c
- FS#13876 - [rp-pppoe] package: .so file in /etc
- FS#15844 - [vi] ex-vi terminal too wide, vi starts in ex mode
Fixed in testing(?)
- FS#6047 - [aspell-*] provide more language packages
- FS#11284 - [squashfs-tools] Hang with mksquashfs and large filesystem
- FS#16444 - [xfce4] cleanup the xfce4 group
- FS#14640 - [vim] fetch_runtime.sh script fails to fetch updated files
- FS#13897 - [vim] Update python.vim to match version of Python in Arch
- FS#15296 - [grub2] grub-install hangs
- FS#16538 - [bash-completion] switch to git ?
- FS#15301 - [windowmaker] install binary file under /usr/share
FS#15209 - [k3b] too many bugs
FS#10153 - [loudmouth] Compile with debugging support
- FS#14643 - [proftpd] is built without ipv6 support - fix provided, applied, awaiting testing
- FS#16941 - [wireshark] add support for a wireshark group - fix makes sense, awaiting resolution of dependent shadow bug first
FS#17097 - [ghc] PKGBUILD has wrong sources
- FS#15042 - [ghc] package doesn't include man page
- FS#15453 - [bittorrent] rc Script for bittorrent tracker
- FS#13909 - [courier-imap] need authdaemon at startup - fixed, awaiting confirmation it works
FS#16263 - [git] Add contrib/ installation
FS#16437 - [pm-utils] make vbetool an optional dependency
- FS#16740 - [sim] remove kdelibs3 dependence - looks like tpowa will move to unsupported in AUR
FS#16259 - [vim-matchit] delivered by vim already
FS#16300 - [vim-omnicppcomplete] lacks help documentation - fix provided
- FS#14316 - [xdg-utils] should depend on xorg-utils
- FS#15795 - [extra] remove old .install file syntax
- FS#16753 - [proftpd] built with ldap support - fix provided
- FS#16093 - [spamassassin] optdepends on razor - fix provided
- FS#15949 - [deluge] add python-notify as optdepend - fix provided
- FS#16464 - [squid] partial COSS support - fix provided
FS#16248 - [boost] make python depency optional - fix provided
- FS#16468 - [postgresql] PL/Python support - fix provided
- FS#17419 - [tdb] Missing (opt)depends on python
- FS#17416 - [seamonkey] Missing depends on dbus-glib
- FS#14536 - [xfce4] depends on dbus
Fixed in testing(?)
Task assigned to ex-developers (=> now orphaned)
Maybe if some is interested in any packaged listed here then can fix and/or adopt them.
- FS#16213 - [amaya] fails to insert one image
- FS#15552 - [xbmc] Severe slowdown after upgrade to libjpeg7
- FS#9970 - List of [community] packages without license information
- FS#17031 - [community repo] i686 packages in x86_64 repo
- FS#17308 - [community repo] [xmonad] /usr/share/applications/xmonad.desktop is not created by package
Fixed in testing(?)
- FS#11312 - Allow for Multiple Maintainers - dan and paul want to do this
- FS#14270 - show also the package size on web site
- FS#15865 - Bugtracker attached files should have a MIME type attached/sent
No promises on fixing these on bug day, but if any of the pacman devs or ML readers are around these would be good candidates to look at, especially if you like C and shell script coding more than fixing the above bugs.
- (anything in the low priority section of the bug tracker...)