Category talk:Installation process
Harmonization of installation titles
Nothing urgent, but we have several specific installation articles, I was thinking we could improve the consistency of their titles (i.e. choose a column below):
Renaming Installation guide is of course not a choice, so maybe we could use the "Installation" column.
There's also VMware/Installing Arch as a guest, and VirtualBox#Installation steps for Arch Linux guests and LVM#Installing Arch Linux on LVM could be split out as well (Talk:LVM#Move Installing Arch Linux on LVM to a separate page).
- I prefer "Install Arch Linux" or "Install".
- I don't think the VirtualBox section should be slit out, the article is not that long and the current page structure is good enough.
- Additionally, if we're renaming "Installing Arch Linux on a USB key", I think the move template of that page should be addressed.
- -- nl6720 (talk) 03:42, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
- On a second thought, omitting "Arch Linux" may induce some people to think that "installation" refers to packages or other piece of software. I'd be fine with "Install Arch Linux" too (second column).
- About VirtualBox#Installation steps for Arch Linux guests, it was just an idea, but indeed it was better to flag it with Move first, which I've just done.
- The Move template in Installing Arch Linux on a USB key now links to this discussion, I think it could make sense, although the article may need to be reworded here and there to refer more generically to removable media.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 15:13, 17 October 2019 (UTC)