- Grab it
pacman -Sy clamav
- Configure it
- Edit /etc/clamav/clamd.conf, /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf and comment out the Example flag
- Edit /etc/conf.d/clamav and change the start options from "no" to "yes"
# change these to "yes" to start START_FRESHCLAM="yes" START_CLAMD="yes"
- Edit /etc/rc.conf and write clamav into the list of daemons, if you like to start clamav automaticaly when booting.
ClamAV errors & solutions
- If you get the following messages after running freshclam:
WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through /var/lib/clamav/clamd.sock connect(): No such file or directory
==> Run the following commands as root:
# touch /var/lib/clamav/clamd.sock # chown clamav:clamav /var/lib/clamav/clamd.sock
- If you get the next error when starting /etc/rc.d/clamav:
LibClamAV Error: cli_loaddb(): No supported database files found in /var/lib/clamav ERROR: Not supported data format
==> Just try to run freshclam as root: