Connecting usb midi keyboard
Revision as of 14:35, 30 June 2010 by Dkorzhevin
Connecting USB MIDI Keyboard in Arch Linux
- We need to install qsynth, jack, qjackctl
- Launch qjackctl and check settings:
Server Path: jackd Driver: alsa Realtime=enable; Priority:0 Frames/Period:512 Soft Mode=enable; Periods/Buffer:2 Остальные параметры=disable(это значит не выбраны) Dither: None Audio: Duplex
- Start jackd server using qjackctl
- Connect your usb keyboard to PC
- Start QSynth and go to Setup, you need to load soundfont in SF2 format. For example, you can get free soundfonts at http://soundfonts.narod.ru/
After loading sound font you have to click ok, when QSynth ask you to restart.
- Go to qjackctl program, push Connect button and choose ALSA tab. On left side you will see connected MIDI ceyboard, on the left side - QSynth. Choose midi keyboard and QSynth, push connect button.
Now, try to play on your midi keyboard!