Connecting usb midi keyboard
Connecting USB MIDI Keyboard in Arch Linux
- We need to install jack, ,
- Launch qjackctl and check the settings:
Server Path: jackd Driver: alsa Realtime=enable; Priority:0 Frames/Period:512 Soft Mode=enable; Periods/Buffer:2 Rest of parameters=disable(by default) Dither: None Audio: Duplex
- Start jackd using qjackctl (the Play button)
- Connect your USB keyboard
- Start QSynth and go to Setup, where you need to load soundfont in SF2 format. You can get free SoundFonts from http://soundfonts.narod.ru/ (in Russian)
Note: After loading the SoundFont, you will have to restart QSynth when it as you to do so.
- Go to qjackctl, click Connect and choose the ALSA tab. On the left side you will see connected MIDI keyboard, on the left side - QSynth. Choose MIDI keyboard and QSynth, and click Connect.
Now, try to play on your midi keyboard!