Connecting your MP3 Player
There are different kinds of portable audio players around:
Players Accessible With Native Protocols
- all iRiver players with "Manager Mode" firmware need the ifp-line iRiver Manager
- Creative players, probably all that do not support usb-storage, should be supported by AUR. AUR, available in the
- Sony Walkman MP3 players released prior to mid 2007 require Sony's proprietary "SonicStage" software to transfer files. Unfortunately, this software is only available for Windows. However, you are better off using the JSymphonic open source software anyway, as you will have more control over your player. JSymphonic can be installed with package AUR form AUR.
Players Accessible as usb-storage
- Creative MuVo
- Note: Some (older) models of MuVo deleting
settings.datfrom the stick renders it useless. Newer models do not have the file.
- All iRiver players with "UMS Mode" firmware are recognized as usb-storage
- iAudio U2 MP3 Player
- flash drive + mp3-player
- MPIO HD300
You should mount your player, identified as usb-storage, to access it's contents. There are multiple ways to do that: