This policy is intended to ensure the [core] repository, and thus the core of ArchLinux, is as functional as possible at all times.
The process is simple:
- All [core] packages *MUST* go to [testing] first
- When a [core] package is places in [testing] and email *SHOULD* be sent to the arch-dev-public mailing list
- All developers are encouraged to test this package
- If a package works fine, and reply *SHOULD* be sent, telling the maintainer it was works, and on which architecture.
- When a package receives 2 signoffs for each architecture, it can be moved from [testing] to [core]
The maintainer himself *DOES* count as a signoff. We are working under the assumption that the maintainer did test the package before pushing it to [testing]. Thus, a package may only need one signoff if the original maintainer tested it on both architectures before uploading.