How to build release iso's/img's
Bleeding edge archiso (needed for 2009.01)
- git clone git://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git
- cd archiso/archiso
- sudo make install
Packaged archiso (after new archiso release which is planned after 2009-01 iso release)
- pacman -Sy archiso'
- cd ../configs/install-iso
- sudo make all-iso (or ftp-iso, or core-iso)
- any specific requirements on /etc/pacman.conf? (related to
- how do you build iso's with only core or with core+testing available?
by just (un)commenting testing from /etc/pacman.conf?
- assuming that the relevant repositories are frozen, if I build an iso
on my system, and someone else builds the iso on his system, will the iso's match perfectly? (eg same md5sums) I think it would be useful in the future we build locally first and test it, and then instead of uploading to gerolde, we can just rebuild it there?
- naming convention? see http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2009-January/000046.html