Difference between revisions of "Etoile"
(→Obtaining Étoilé: updated formatting)
(remove language suffix from Category:Desktop environments (English), see Talk:Table of Contents#English Category Names: Capitalization and Conflict with i18n)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 14:24, 23 April 2012
From Étoilé webpage
Étoilé is a user environment designed from the ground up around the things people do with computers: create, collaborate,and learn.
Without implementation details like files and operating-system processes polluting the computer's UI, Étoilé users will be able to:
- have revision history for all objects in the system
- collaborate with other people on any type of document (text, drawing, code, etc.)
- shape their own workflow by combining the provided Services
- use a system that is closer to their mental model of how computers should work
- Étoilé is open-source (MIT/BSD licensed) and built on GNUstep - it will be portable to most operating systems.
Currently Étoilé is available in the AUR.
- "Stable" version
- "Trunk" (Unstable) version
Currently the installation script, also called "setup.sh", is not very mature and can cause problems if used in Arch Linux, because packages are installed in /usr not /usr/local (the script assumes that you have installed it there) so you have to manually adjust the script.