Asus Z77 Boards
- Boot to live media and chroot into the target system.
FROM WITHIN THE CHROOT
# mount -t vfat /dev/sdXY /boot/efi # grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=arch --recheck # grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg # mkdir /boot/efi/boot && cd /boot/efi # wget https://edk2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/edk2/trunk/edk2/ShellBinPkg/UefiShell/X64/Shell.efi # cp Shell.efi shellx64.efi && cp Shell.efi /boot/efi/boot # umount /boot/efi
- Reboot and enter the BIOS (the Delete key will do this).
- Using the arrow keys, move to the 'exit' menu and drop down to the EFI shell you just downloaded and copied to three places.
- You will need to add an entry to your boot menu manually. Below is an example, see the [Launching_UEFI_Shell] article for more. Below is an example added a new entry to a menu with 3 current entries.
FROM WITHIN THE EFI SHELL
Shell> bcfg boot dump -v Shell> bcfg boot add 3 fs0:\EFI\arch\grubx64.efi "Arch Linux (grub manually added)" Shell> exit
- Reboot the machine and enter the BIOS.
- Navigate to the 'Boot' section and adjust the boot order to your liking with the "Arch Linux (grub manually added)" being the one on your SSD.
- Boot to this entry and enjoy your system.