GStreamer is a pipeline-based multimedia framework written in the C programming language with the type system based on GObject.
GStreamer allows a programmer to create a variety of media-handling components, including simple audio playback, audio and video playback, recording, streaming and editing. The pipeline design serves as a base to create many types of multimedia applications such as video editors, streaming media broadcasters, and media players.
Designed to be cross-platform, it is known to work on Linux (x86, PowerPC and ARM), Solaris (Intel and SPARC), macOS, Microsoft Windows and OS/400. GStreamer has bindings for programming-languages like Python, C++, Perl, GNU Guile ( ), and Ruby. GStreamer is free software, licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Install the package.
To make GStreamer useful, install the plugins packages you require. See official documentation for list of features in each plugin.
- - Libav-based plugin containing many decoders and encoders.
- - Plugins that need more quality, testing or documentation.
- - Essential exemplary set of elements.
- - Good-quality plugins under LGPL license.
- - Good-quality plugins that might pose distribution problems.
- AUR - AUR plugin (an open h.265 video codec implementation) for gstreamer.
PulseAudio support is provided by the package.
KDE / Phonon integration
- for VA-API support.
- fixed in GStreamer 1.15) for VDPAU and NVDEC support. (NVDEC is currently broken,