Difference between revisions of "Getting involved"
(→Edit the wiki: moved wiki tasks to own page)
m (→Donate: one-liner, clarifying intent, instead of duplicating text from donation page)
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
=== Donate ===
=== Donate ===
to server costs [http://www.archlinux.org/donate/ Arch Linux donate page]
Revision as of 00:15, 13 March 2012Template:Article summary start
In biology, mutualism is an interaction between two organisms from which each derives benefit. This principle also applies to proactive members of the Arch community wanting to get involved and contribute to their favorite Linux distribution. This participation benefits not only the community member and their fellow Archers, but all users of free and open source software.
- 1 Official Arch Linux project
- 2 Community projects
- 3 FAQ
Official Arch Linux project
Post on the forums
Edit the wiki
Wikis, by design, thrive on collaboration.
ArchWiki is a collaboratively maintained Arch Linux documentation. All users are encouraged to contribute.
Fix and report bugs
Create and adopt AUR packages
The Arch User Repository contains community-made package scripts so that users can easily install software that is not in the official repositories. Popular packages get included into the official [community] repository. You can help by creating and adopting packages.
Official Arch Linux projects
You can get involved in the development of official Arch Linux software projects.
There are yearly and monthly events for bugfixing, translating and cleanup. You can find forthcoming events in the Arch Linux Event Calendar.
You can find out how to help sustaining server costs on the official Arch Linux donate page.
Arch has a vital and active community of software developers and contributing projects. If you have a project you would like to link to, this is a great place to do it. Include a link to your project, the date your project started, and a brief (one or two sentence) description of your project.
- Other distributions based on Arch Linux
- Utilities to aid end users in using the AUR
- Graphical front-ends for pacman
- Graphical front-ends for rc.conf
Projects that do not quite fit into any existing category
- Google Earth Arch user map
- A third-party package repository and online discussion board for Arch Linux pro-audio users
- @archlinux.us emails, Gmail based
- Arch Linux Blogs
- Mobile access to the @archlinux.us emails
- Local meet-up for users.
- Arch Linux group for users and professionals.
- namcap is an utility for Arch Linux which helps in automatic detection of common mistakes and errors in PKGBUILDs. This page is an automatically generated report obtained after running namcap against the core, extra and community trees.
- An ALPM package and PKGBUILD parser in Python
- Xyne's contributions to the Arch Linux community