Google Summer of Code
The Arch Linux development team is considering to participate this year on Google Summer of Code (GSoC), here is a draft on what areas are we needing improvements.
The main idea here is to help the development of these tools, improving it, making patches and fixing bugs for now.
Arch Linux has its own projects; please read the entire article before thinking that we are just asking for packagers.
- AIF (Arch Linux Installation Framework)
- grub2 option?
- gdisk for sdds?
- (systemd option ?)
- Automatic package buildfarm
- single authentication database and managing our packaging ssh accounts from archweb
- Implement pkgstats submission and graph/stats creation in archweb
- coming soon
- see the Pacman_Roadmap for details
- Pacman mentor (Dan?)
- AIF mentor (Dieter?)
- Netcfg (?)