Unified Extensible Firmware Interface/Hardware
< Unified Extensible Firmware Interface
Revision as of 11:19, 24 January 2012 by Kynikos (categorize)
- System OEM/Vendor (like Dell, HP, Lenovo etc.) and Model (like ThinkPad x121e etc.) - all info needed
- Processor with the model number (full info like Intel Core i7 xxxx 1.8 GHz - for eg.)
- Chipset info (Intel P67 or H67 etc.)
- Motherboard with full model number - required if desktop, optional for laptop
- BIOS/UEFI vendor - AMI Aptio, Phoenix SecureCore Tiano, Insyde H2O etc. (very important) with updated month/year (will be shown as copyright year in some firmwares)
- Were you able to create a working entry in UEFI Boot menu using efibootmgr? Any specific issues like black screen or something like http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=153411.0 ?
- If you were able to launch the UEFI Shell in ways other than using
(USB)/efi/boot/bootx64.efior Archboot, how?
- Output of UEFI Shell "ver" command.
- If efibootmgr did not work for you and you were able to launch UEFI Shell, did you use bcfg command to create UEFI Boot Menu entry? Did bcfg created boot entry work for you?
- Filesystem of UEFI System Partition? FAT32 or FAT16? (Mostly it should be FAT32 but some firmwares have problems with it, which is a violation of UEFI Spec.)
Original Post: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=133074.