If you like, stay some time to help others by answering some questions yourself. Or even stay permanently :-)
- When you've been served well, stay long & prosper to help others (in the channel and add to MuttWiki)!
- Check google, the forums, flyspray and The Wiki before you ask.
- If you've already found the answers on your own by now, then tell us which docs helped you (not?).
- Otherwise, if you want good & fast answers, ask smart questions
- No mindreading here, state most specifically: expected result(s) first, the ones you get, and then all circumstantial info.
- Quality of answer won't exceed quality of question, you decide how helpful you are to yourself.
- Just ask your stuff, don't ask if we're "alive"!
- Wait some time: eventually, someone will answer, don't count on instant reaction.
- Be supportive: we can't read minds, so be specific! See "smart-questions" above!
- State your goal first, too, maybe you chose the wrong way.
- Show commitment: this is not a service hotline, this is a do-it-yourself environment.
- Look up references yourself, use existing docs, learn to help yourself.
- Be patient (with yourself & fellows): answers are favours, not your right.
- You are supposed to do the actual work, you get advice and pointers.
- Don't flood the channel by pasting lots of lines (up to 4 lines is ok). If you have to paste a lot of lines:
- use a nopaste-website and post the URL to #archlinux channel (eg. pastebin).
- Disable auto-away messages & nick-changes! Use the silent /away feature of your client manually, nothing else!
- Last, but not least - keep it on topic.
These people spend far to much time in #archlinux.
shastry_, dadexter, Luke__, bitbull, ezech, jakob_, iphitus, brain0, octan, dagnachew, neotuli, andrewski, Marco`, RedKennedy, criminy, gp_aaron, enightmare, paniq, timtux, Vardyr, siimo, Aquila_Deu1, perry753, ZaxX, Infinitus, xterminus. LokeDK, shining_