User:Klapmuetz/Install on windows by CoLinux
Arch and coLinux
Here you can find and provide info about using Arch and colinux.
There is a page in the coLinux wiki for installing Arch here, which explains how to install it from scratch, but is more out of date. (As of Apr 21, 2006)
Using an Arch Linux image in coLinux
Using Remote_ArchLinux_Install and an existing archlinx installation I built a Arch Linux 0.7.1 base ext3 filesystem. To get a quick and working solution follow these steps:
- Download and install colinux 0.6.3.
- Download the ext3 Arch Linux image (116 Mb, extracts to 512Mb). <-- Looking for http/ftp host
- Extract the files into your coLinux directory.
- Run the archlinux.bat. No worries if it complains about the hwclock.
- Email saik0 or use the talk page if you have any problems or suggestions.
- You will have to change the location of the image in archlinux.xml if you installed it to any directory other than C:\Program Files\coLinux
- If you want more free space, use topresize to enlarge the fs image.
- The default configuration uses the TAP driver. This should work out-of-the-box if you follow "Setting up native network (Bridged), Step 1: Option 1: native Windows network bridge"
- The only files that have been edited are /etc/fstab to allow it to boot with the image and /etc/rc.conf to disable module autoloading. You still need to follow the standard install docs For configuring just about everything exept the bootloader.
- To run as a Windows service see this coLinux wiki page