User:Klapmuetz/Install on windows by CoLinux
Arch and colinux
Here you can find and provide infos about using Arch and colinux.
There is a page in the coLinux wiki for installing Arch here, which is much more complete than this one.
Creating and using an ArchLinux Image in colinux
- download colinux's lastest snapshot version and install it.
- download my already packed arch.1gb.bz2 150 MB, I need a public space to put it, if you know
how to upload to arch linux, or colinux's ftp, please contact me email@example.com
- modify the default.colinux.xml as
<block_device index="0" path="\DosDevices\c:\coLinux\arch.1gb" enabled="true" />
- run by
colinux-daemon.exe -c default.colinux.xml
- edit the /etc/resolv.conf, added your nameserver on it
Booting Arch as an Windows Service using colinux
- it is easy, just
colinux-daemon.exe -c arch.xml --install-service colinuxarch
- on windows service change it to automatic startup