User:Klapmuetz/Install on windows by CoLinux
Revision as of 16:39, 22 September 2005 by Dlin (great reduce the image size to 34MB, and correct link address)
Arch and colinux
Here you can find and provide infos about using Arch and colinux.
There is a page in the coLinux wiki for installing Arch here, which is much more complete than this one.
Creating and using an ArchLinux Image in colinux
- download colinux's lastest snapshot version and install it.
- on WINXP, combine the TAP-Win32 and your real network card as 'bridge'
- download my already packed coLinux_arch_07_ext3_512mb.tgz(only 34MB).
- extract the files into your colinux directory
- run the a.bat batch file
- edit the /etc/resolv.conf, added your nameserver on it
- if successful or fail, let me know, I could improve it when I have time.
Booting Arch as an Windows Service using colinux
- edit a arch.xml base on the a.bat and default.colinux.xml
- colinux-daemon.exe -c arch.xml --install-service colinuxarch
- on windows service change it to automatic startup