User:Klapmuetz/Install on windows by CoLinux
Revision as of 14:51, 23 September 2005 by Dlin (→Creating and using an ArchLinux Image in colinux: added topo util to enlarge file system)
Arch and colinux
Here you can find and provide infos about using Arch and colinux.
There is a page in the coLinux wiki for installing Arch here, which is much more complete than this one.
Creating and using an ArchLinux Image in colinux
- download colinux's lastest snapshot version and install it.
- on WINXP, combine the TAP-Win32 and your real network card as 'bridge'
- download my already packed coLinux_arch_07_ext3_256Mb.zip(only 35MB).
- extract the files into your colinux directory
- if you want more free space, use topo/toporesize.bat the enlarge the file.
- run the a.bat batch file
- edit the /etc/resolv.conf, added your nameserver on it
- if successful or fail, let me know, I could improve it when I have time.
Booting Arch as an Windows Service using colinux
- edit a arch.xml base on the a.bat and default.colinux.xml
- colinux-daemon.exe -c arch.xml --install-service colinuxarch
- on windows service change it to automatic startup