User:Klapmuetz/Install on windows by CoLinux
Arch and colinux
Here you can find and provide infos about using Arch and colinux.
Creating and using an ArchLinux Image in colinux
After reference the gentoo's colinux guide, and the [RemoteInstall]. We could build a archlinux based on gentoo's colinux version. Here is my result.
- download colinux's lastest snapshot version and install it.
- download my already packed arch.1gb.bz2 150 MB, I need a public space to put it, if you know
how to upload to arch linux, or colinux's ftp, please contact me email@example.com
- modify the default.colinux.xml as
<block_device index="0" path="\DosDevices\c:\coLinux\arch.1gb" enabled="true" />
- run by
colinux-daemon.exe -c default.colinux.xml
- edit the /etc/resolv.conf, added your nameserver on it
Booting Arch as an Windows Service using colinux
- it is easy, just
colinux-daemon.exe -c arch.xml --install-service colinuxarch
- on windows service change it to automatic startup