User:Klapmuetz/Install on windows by CoLinux
Arch and colinux
Here you can find and provide infos about using Arch and colinux.
There is a page in the coLinux wiki for installing Arch here, which is much more complete than this one.
Creating and using an ArchLinux Image in colinux
- download colinux's lastest snapshot version and install it.
- download my already packed coLinux_arch_071_ext3.zip(only 42426877 bytes).
- extract the files into your colinux directory
- run the a.bat, and it should workable (because the slirp network driver)
- if you want to use other network archetecture, Ref:my install notes or coLinuxNetworking, I perfer the 'bridge' mode.
- if you want more free space, use topo/toporesize.bat the enlarge the file fs(original it is 512 Mb).
- Ref: ArchLinuxHowTo at the last section for either boot linux partition from bootloader(lilo/grub), or colinux.
Booting Arch as an Windows Service using colinux
- edit a arch.xml base on the a.bat and default.colinux.xml
- colinux-daemon.exe -c arch.xml --install-service colinuxarch
- on windows service change it to automatic startup