Revision as of 04:35, 25 October 2010 by MajorTom
- got first computer around 1984 - the ZX Spectrum+, followed by Atari 65XE, C64, Amiga 500 and then entered the PC world in 1996 (Pentium 133)
- been using GNU/Linux (that's right - it's GNU!) on and off since 1999; first distro I ever booted was tomsrtbt from a 3.5" floppy disk; first "full blown" distro was Mandrake 5.2 "Leeloo"
- tried RedHat, SuSE and many many others before settling on Debian mainly to enjoy the vast number of precompiled packages in the repos and the ease of package management with dselect (remember that one?) and later aptitude
- finally started using Linux full time on the desktop in 2005 after installing Kubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger"
- been running Arch since September 2008, now on numerous systems at home and at work