Sun Cobalt RAQ 550
This document explains how you can install Arch Linux on a Sun Cobalt RAQ 550 machine.
About the RAQ 550
The Sun Cobalt RAQ 550 is actually just standard PC hardware with customized firmware and board layout. It contains a ServerWorks CSB5 dual channel IDE controller. It has no VGA adaptor, although there is a PCI slot where you could install one (and you would be able to use it). It has the following specifications:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 3 1 Ghz (256 kB Cache) or 1,26 Ghz (512 kB Cache)
- Memory: Supports up to 2 GB of registered ECC PC133 SDRAM. It will not take non-ECC modules, I've tried.
- Disks: Supports 2 IDE disks
- Expansion: 1 x PCI 33 Mhz, 64 Bit (266 mB/s)
- Network: 2 x National Semiconductor DP83815 Fast Ethernet (linux module natsemi)
I haven't tested this with the original firmware that normally ships with the raq550, because mine already came with updated (unofficial) firmware.