Kerbal Space Program
Since version 0.19, Kerbal Space Program includes a native Linux version. However, only Ubuntu 12.04 is officialy supported, so it may not work on Arch Linux out of the box.
- 1 Known issues
- 1.1 Game never progresses past initial loading
- 1.2 No text display
- 1.3 Graphics flickering when using primusrun
- 1.4 Game crashes when accessing settings or saves on 64 bit systems on Steam
- 1.5 Game has garbled graphics when running on x86_64 with all lib32 drivers installed
- 1.6 Game crashes when starting a game or opening the settings dialog
- 2 See also
Game never progresses past initial loading
To fix this, set:
No text display
The game requires Arial and Arial Black fonts, provided in the AUR package.AUR
Graphics flickering when using primusrun
Run with PRIMUS_SYNC=2 (but you will get reduced frame rate this way)
Game crashes when accessing settings or saves on 64 bit systems on Steam
In the properties for Kerbal Space program, set a launch option of:
Game has garbled graphics when running on x86_64 with all lib32 drivers installed
Steam launches the KSP.x86 executable vs the KSP.x86_64 executable. Navigate to
/home/$USER/.local/share/Steam/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/
More elegant solution to follow.
Game crashes when starting a game or opening the settings dialog
There's a bug with current Mesa ( as of 57668 ), but luckily a patch exists.
Get the latest patch from here:
And recompile mesa with it.
This should only be considered a temporary solution