KiCad is an open source software suite for Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The programs handle Schematic Capture, and PCB Layout with Gerber output.
Install the and package. Optionally you can install the package, which provides 3D models for certain components.
The AUR provides the packages AUR, AUR, AUR. Optionally you can also install AUR and AUR.
Getting started guide available here.
(From the above guide)
The basic workflow in KiCad is:
- Create a project.
- Create a schematic with 'eeschema'.
- Assign footprints to symbols and generate the netlist.
- Create a board with 'pcbnew', importing the netlist from 'eeschema'.
- Test the board using the 'Design Rule Check'.
- Generate production files.
Other KiCAD Documentation