Revision as of 17:49, 10 June 2011 by Pointone (Bot: Removing from Category:HOWTOs (English))
Kxmame is a KDE port of the GXmame frontend for xmame and sdlmame emulators.
How to obtain
Download, build and install the kxmane-svn AUR package.
Steps to follow after installation
- Install sdlmame (available in [community]).
- Start kxmame, click through the first two error messages (regarding xmame) and then add "/usr/bin/sdlmame" to the Xmame/Xmess executables list.
- Click OK and then click No when prompted to rebuild the game list. After that, close kxmame.
- Create a "roms" directory inside "~/.mame" and move your roms into it.
- Start kxmame again and select Yes when prompted to rebuild the game list.
- Close the "Audit done" window.
You should now be able to start your roms from within kxmame.