Difference between revisions of "LPRng"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
Revision as of 21:32, 2 January 2015
LPRng is an alternative print spooler to CUPS. It was designed as a drop-in replacement for the old Berkeley Unix LPR system. It is mature and robust and it handles print filtering in a transparent and flexible manner.
Complete documentation exists on the LPRng website:  The man pages are also a useful source of information.
- Install the lprng package from the AUR.
- Install optional filter packages:
- foomatic-filters-lprng (AUR)
Configuration consists of the following steps:
- Set up control files
- Configure filters
- Create a printcap file and spool directories
- Enable and start the lpd daemon using systemctl