League of Legends
This page outlines how to get League of Legends working on your arch system.
- Set up a chroot. The way to do this is outlined in
[url] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_bundled_32-bit_system_in_Arch64 [/url]. An even easier method is to install arch32-light from the AUR [which follows the steps outlined in the wiki article above].
- Install your graphics drivers inside the chroot. You will
need hardware acceleration drivers as well.
- Install wine in your chroot.
schroot -p winecfgto create a default 32-bit
prefix at .wine and take the chance ti verify that it is set on Windows XP
- Install wine and winetricks in your base system if you don't
have them already installed
- Install the following windows components using winetricks
winetricks d3dx9 vcrun2005 vcrun2008 wininet winhttp
- The following list of utilities need to be installed as
- gnutls Note: recent versions of gnutls break LoL. Downgrade to 3.1.6-1
- Download the LoL installer from the leage of legends
- To run the install, run the following command
Where $directory is the directory where the installer is located. This is run in your base system. Make sure lib32-libldap is installed in your base system as well or the downloader will not run.
- Download LoL-linux-tools from
https://github.com/A-Metaphysical-Drama/LoL-Linux-Tools. Follow the included instructions and apply the texture patch. This will prevent the game from crashing when you open the in-game store.
Running the Game
Make a bash script with the following command
cd "$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Riot Games/League of
schroot -p -- wine "rads_user_kernel.exe" run lol_launcher
$(ls ../projects/lol_launcher/releases/) LoLLauncher.exe
Run it, and you should be good to go. Enjoy!