Difference between revisions of "Lenovo Ideapad s10-3t"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 22:52, 5 August 2010
- CPU: Intel Atom N450 (1.66 GHz) or N470?
- Memory: 1GB DDR2 - can be upgraded to max of 2GB
- Ethernet: Broadcom NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit
- WiFi: Broadcom BCM4313 or Intel Corporation WiMAX/WiFi Link 6050 Series
- Hard-Drive: 160GB standard with larger sizes available
- Optical Drive: None
- Integrated Graphics: Intel Pineview Integrated graphics
- Touchscreen: ??? (2081:0A01) or Cando TouchScreen (2087:0A01)
- Sound: Connexant pebble high definition smartaudip (14F1:5066) or Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (8086:27d8)
- Screen: 10" LCD (1024x600)
- SD Card Reader
- Webcam: Lenovo Easycam?
- Bluetooth: USI Co., Ltd (10ab:0816)?
Have to load module broadcom then tg3 in Template:Filename
MODULES=(broadcom tg3 ...)
or add to the end of Template:Filename
install tg3 /sbin/modprobe broadcom; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install tg3
The Broadcom BCM4313 card requires the broadcom-wl module which is available in the AUR.
Intel Corporation WiMAX/WiFi Link 6050 Series works out of the box (2.6.34).
- This came from Lenovo ideapad s10 ...
- So far I have not been able to get keyboard/touchpad to work with or without xorg.conf
- use vga=866 for the kernel line in Template:Filename
The xf86-video-intel driver works well with no xorg.conf. After installing xorg,
pacman -S xf86-video-intel
If you startx at this point, you may not have a working keyboard or touchpad. Installing the keyboard and synaptics drivers should fix that.
pacman -S xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-synaptics
If you want to use an external mouse, you may also need
pacman -S xf86-input-mouse
While you can run a full DE like KDE or GNOME, it will be a little sluggish on the S10. If you only have 512 MB of RAM, you will use it up quickly. XFCE runs with more acceptable speed. LXDE (or just Openbox) feels even more responsive. Lighter is definitely better on this machine, especially if you haven't installed more RAM.
Works out of the box from kernel 2.6.35. OneTouch.
SD Card Reader
Works right out of the box (in fact you can even install arch directly on it with grub.)