Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
Revision as of 11:22, 1 September 2013 by Kynikos.bot (Template:Keypress is deprecated in favor of Template:ic, see Help talk:Style/Migration to new Code formatting templates#Template:Keypress)
The following are known problems and workarounds for the Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, and likely also for the related models (X230, T430, T530).
- The usual issue with laptop hard drives and disk head parking: see here
- At least on one T430s, using QCad with SNA would reliably crash Xorg. A workaround is using UXA instead of SNA. (issue)
- Sometimes, switching the keyboard backlight on via
Spacedoesn't work properly: at first the backlight just stays off, and when one presses the combination again, it goes to directly to 'high', skipping the 'low' mode.
- Fixed: when opening/closing the lid, the screen would freeze. One could recover from this by suspending and waking up again. (issue)
- Backlight works out of the box again now.
- The microphone button didn't work, it neither generated ACPI events nor keypresses. Works now (emits XF86AudioMicMute).