Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
Revision as of 03:17, 7 November 2013 by Sarmacid (Fixed the link for the brightness levels solution.)
The following are known problems and workarounds for the Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, and likely also for the related models (X230, T430, T530).
- The usual issue with laptop hard drives and disk head parking: see here
- At least on one T430s, using QCad with SNA would reliably crash Xorg. A workaround is using UXA instead of SNA. (issue)
- Sometimes, switching the keyboard backlight on via
Spacedoesn't work properly: at first the backlight just stays off, and when one presses the combination again, it goes to directly to 'high', skipping the 'low' mode.
- Fixed: when opening/closing the lid, the screen would freeze. One could recover from this by suspending and waking up again. (issue)
- Backlight works out of the box again now.
- The microphone button didn't work, it neither generated ACPI events nor keypresses. Works now (emits XF86AudioMicMute).
- Fixed accurately setting the brightness levels with the Fn + brightness up/down shortcut keys. (Solution)