Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
The following are known problems and workarounds for the Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, and likely also for the related models (X230, T430, T530).
- The usual issue with laptop hard drives and disk head parking: see here
- At least on one T430s, using QCad with SNA would reliably crash Xorg. A workaround is using UXA instead of SNA. (FS#31617)
- Sometimes, switching the keyboard backlight on via
Spacedoesn't work properly: at first the backlight just stays off, and when one presses the combination again, it goes to directly to 'high', skipping the 'low' mode.
- Fixed: when opening/closing the lid, the screen would freeze. One could recover from this by suspending and waking up again. (FS#30690])
- Backlight works out of the box again now.
- The microphone button didn't work, it neither generated ACPI events nor keypresses. Works now (emits XF86AudioMicMute).
- Fixed accurately setting the brightness levels with the Fn + brightness up/down shortcut keys. (Solution)
Xbindkeys can be used to customize keybindings provided by this machine, e.g. to shutdown monitor with the black button next to microphone button, add following to
~/.xbindkeysrc, and then run
# Close display "xset dpms force off" m:0x0 + c:156 XF86Launch1
other options can be found from Lenovo ThinkPad T420#Volume up/down not changing volume