Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
The following are known problems and workarounds for the Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, and likely also for the related models (X230, T430, T530).
- The usual issue with laptop hard drives and disk head parking: see here[broken link: invalid section]
- At least on one T430s, using QCad with SNA would reliably crash Xorg. A workaround is using UXA instead of SNA. (FS#31617)
- The accelerometer for HDAPS isn't supported.
- The system sometimes does not properly resume after being put into a suspended state. To fix configure GRUB's use of ACPI sleep functionality by adding "acpi_sleep=nonvs" in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub
- Fixed accurately setting the brightness levels with the Fn + brightness up/down shortcut keys. The problem comes from Intel graphics, and the solution can be found from here[broken link: invalid section].
Xbindkeys or sxhkd can be used to create and modify keyboard bindings. The following example requires the package, and turns the display off when the rectangular button to the right of the microphone mute button is pressed.
# Close display "xset dpms force off" m:0x0 + c:156 XF86Launch1
Other options can be found from Lenovo ThinkPad T420#Volume up/down not changing volume