List of applications/Documents
< List of applications
- fbdjvu — DjVu viewer similar for fbpdf
- fbpdf — Small framebuffer PDF viewer based off of MuPDF, with Vim keybindings and written in C
- jfbview — Framebuffer PDF and image viewer. Features include Vim-like controls, zoom-to-fit, a TOC (outline) view, fast multi-threaded rendering and asynchronous pre-caching
- apvlv — Lightweight PDF/DjVu/UMD/TXT viewer with Vim keybindings.
- Chrome — Web browser with a built-in PDF viewer.
- http://www.google.com/chrome || AUR
- ePDFView — Free lightweight PDF document viewer using the Poppler and GTK+ libraries. Development stopped.
- Evince — Document viewer for multiple document formats. Supports PDF, PostScript, DjVu, TIFF and DVI.
- Firefox — Open source web browser with a built-in PDF viewer.
- Foxit Reader — Small, fast (compared to Acrobat) PDF viewer. (closed source)
- llpp — Very fast PDF reader based off of MuPDF, that supports continuous page scrolling, bookmarking, and text search through the whole document.
- http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git || AUR
- MuPDF — Very fast PDF and XPS viewer and toolkit written in portable C. Features CJK font support.
- Okular — Very powerful viewer for KDE.
- qpdfview — Tabbed PDF viewer using the Poppler and Qt libraries.
- Xournal — Pdf viewer/note taking application.
- Xpdf — Viewer that can decode LZW and read encrypted PDFs.
- http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/ || AUR
- zathura — Highly customizable and functional PDF/DjVu/PostScript/ComicBook viewer (plugin based).
- ChmSee — CHM viewer based on xulrunner.
- Kchmviewer — Qt-based CHM viewer that uses chmlib and borrows some ideas from xchm. It does not depend on KDE, but it can be compiled to integrate with it.
- xCHM — Lightweight CHM viewer, based on chmlib.
- Calligra — Actively developed fork of KOffice, the KDE office suite. It offers most of the features of OpenOffice while also having versions for smartphones (Calligra Mobile) and tablets (Calligra Active).
- Kingsoft Office — Propietary office productivity suite, also named WPS.
- LibreOffice — More actively developed fork of OpenOffice.
- OpenOffice — Open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more, under the Apache Licence.
- http://www.openoffice.org/ || AUR
- Siag Office — Extremely lightweight office suite that provides a word processor, spreadsheet, text editor, file manager and previewer.
- http://siag.nu/ || AUR
- Pinot — Personal search and metasearch tool
- Recoll — Full text search tool with a Xapian backend.
- Strigi — Fast crawling desktop search engine with a Qt GUI.
- Tracker — All-in-one indexer, search tool and metadata database.
- Abiword — Full-featured word processor.
- Abiword Minimal — Minimal version of Abiword.
- http://www.abisource.com/ || AUR
- BlueGriffon — WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web.
- http://www.bluegriffon.com/ || AUR
- Calligra Words — Powerful word processor included in the Calligra Suite.
- gLabels — program for creating labels and business cards.
- LibreOffice Writer — Full-featured word processor included in the LibreOffice suite.
- Markdown — Text-to-HTML conversion tool that allows you to write using a simple plain text format.
- OpenOffice Writer — Full-featured word processor included in the OpenOffice suite.
- http://www.openoffice.org/ || AUR
- Pandoc — Swiss-army knife for converting one markup format into another (supports Markdown).
- Pathetic Writer — X-based rich text processor included in Siag Office.
- http://siag.nu/pw/ || AUR
- Scribus — Desktop publishing program.
- Ted — Easy to use GTK+-based rich text processor (with footnote support).
- http://www.nllgg.nl/Ted/ || AUR
- txt2tags — Dead-simple, KISS-compliant lightweight, human-readable markup language to produce rich format content out of plain text files.
- Calligra Sheets — Powerful spreadsheet application included in the Calligra Suite
- Gnumeric — Spreadsheet program that is part of the GNOME desktop.
- LibreOffice Calc — Full-featured spreadsheet application included in the LibreOffice suite.
- OpenOffice Calc — Full-featured spreadsheet application included in the OpenOffice suite.
- Siag — Spreadsheet application based on the X Window System and the Scheme programming language included in Siag Office.
- http://siag.nu/siag/ || AUR
With LaTeX, creation of any scientific document, article, journal, etc. is made commonplace.
- AUCTeX — Extensible package for writing and formatting TeX files in Emacs.
- Gummi — Lightweight TeX/LaTeX GTK+-based editor.
- Kile — User-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor for the KDE desktop with many features.
- LyX — Document processor that encourages an approach to writing based on the structure of your documents (WYSIWYM) and not simply their appearance (WYSIWYG).
- TeXmacs — WYSIWYW editing platform with special features for scientists.
- Texmaker — Cross-platform, light and easy-to-use LaTeX IDE.
- Winefish — Editor for experienced LaTeX users with support for UTF-8, syntax highlight, auto-completion and auto-text.
- http://winefish.berlios.de/ || AUR