List of applications/Documents
- jfbview — A framebuffer PDF and image viewer. Features a TOC (outline) view, fast multi-threaded rendering and asynchronous pre-caching.
- fbdjvu — A DjVu viewer similar for fbpdf.
- fbpdf — A small framebuffer PDF viewer based off of MuPDF, with Vim keybindings and written in C.
- apvlv — A lightweight PDF/DjVu/UMD/TXT viewer with Vim keybindings.
- Chrome — A web browser with a built-in PDF viewer.
- http://www.google.com/chrome || AUR
- ePDFView — A free lightweight PDF document viewer using the Poppler and GTK+ libraries. Development stopped.
- Evince — A document viewer for multiple document formats. Supports PDF, PostScript, DjVu, TIFF and DVI.
- Firefox — An open source web browser with a built-in PDF viewer.
- Foxit Reader — A small, fast (compared to Acrobat) PDF viewer.
- llpp — A very fast PDF reader based off of MuPDF, that supports continuous page scrolling, bookmarking, and text search through the whole document.
- http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git || AUR
- MuPDF — A very fast PDF and XPS viewer and toolkit written in portable C. Features CJK font support.
- Okular — viewer for KDE.
- qpdfview — A tabbed PDF viewer using the Poppler and Qt libraries.
- Xpdf — A viewer that can decode LZW and read encrypted PDFs.
- zathura — Highly customizable and functional PDF/DjVu/PostScript/ComicBook viewer (plugin based).
- Xournal — A pdf viewer/note taking application.
- ChmSee — A CHM viewer based on xulrunner.
- GnoCHM — A CHM viewer meant to integrate with GNOME, based on pychm.
- Kchmviewer — A Qt-based CHM viewer that uses chmlib and borrows some ideas from xchm. It does not depend on KDE, but it can be compiled to integrate with it.
- xCHM — A lightweight CHM viewer, based on chmlib.
- Calligra — An actively developed fork of KOffice, the KDE office suite. It offers most of the features of OpenOffice.org while also having versions for smartphones (Calligra Mobile) and tablets (Calligra Active).
- LibreOffice — A more actively developed fork of OpenOffice.org.
- OpenOffice.org — An open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more (currently under the Apache Licence).
- http://www.openoffice.org/ || AUR
- Siag Office — An extremely lightweight office suite that provides a word processor, spreadsheet, text editor, file manager and previewer.
- http://siag.nu/ || AUR
- Pinot — A personal search and metasearch tool.
- Recoll — A full text search tool with a Xapian backend.
- Tracker — An all-in-one indexer, search tool and metadata database.
- Strigi — A fast crawling desktop search engine with a Qt GUI.
- Abiword — A full-featured word processor.
- Abiword Light — A lighter version of Abiword.
- http://www.abisource.com/ || AUR
- BlueGriffon — A new WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web.
- http://www.bluegriffon.com/ || AUR
- Calligra Words — A powerful word processor included in the Calligra Suite.
- LibreOffice Writer — A full-featured word processor included in the LibreOffice suite.
- Markdown — A text-to-HTML conversion tool that allows you to write using a simple plain text format.
- OpenOffice.org Writer — A full-featured word processor included in the OpenOffice.org suite.
- http://www.openoffice.org/ || AUR
- Pandoc — A swiss-army knife for converting one markup format into another (supports Markdown).
- Pathetic Writer — An X-based rich text processor included in Siag Office.
- http://siag.nu/pw/ || AUR
- Ted — An easy to use GTK+-based rich text processor (with footnote support).
- txt2tags — A dead-simple, KISS-compliant lightweight, human-readable markup language to produce rich format content out of plain text files.
- Scribus — A desktop publishing program.
- Calligra Sheets — A powerful spreadsheet application included in the Calligra Suite.
- Gnumeric — A spreadsheet program that is part of the GNOME desktop.
- LibreOffice Calc — A full-featured spreadsheet application included in the LibreOffice suite.
- OpenOffice.org Calc — A full-featured spreadsheet application included in the OpenOffice.org suite.
- Siag — A spreadsheet application based on the X Window System and the Scheme programming language included in Siag Office.
- http://siag.nu/siag/ || AUR
With LaTeX, creation of any scientific document, article, journal, etc. is made commonplace.
- AUCTeX — An extensible package for writing and formatting TeX files in Emacs.
- Gummi — A lightweight TeX/LaTeX GTK+-based editor.
- Kile — A user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor for the KDE desktop with many features.
- LyX — A document processor that encourages an approach to writing based on the structure of your documents (WYSIWYM) and not simply their appearance (WYSIWYG).
- TeXmacs — A WYSIWYW editing platform with special features for scientists.
- Texmaker — A cross-platform, light and easy-to-use LaTeX IDE.
- Winefish — An editor for experienced LaTeX users with support for UTF-8, syntax highlight, auto-completion and auto-text.