Native – Commercial
- Bullet Candy Perfect — Fun shoot-em-up game, with sharp, super smooth 3D graphics and a cool techno soundtrack. Features cross-platform, achievements, and online scores. 'PAMAYW' scheme.
- http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=14/ || bulletcandyperfectAUR
- http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/etqw/ || etqwAUR
- Eschalon: Book I — Classical isometric RPG like Ultima, Might & Magic or Wizardry
- http://basiliskgames.com/ || eschalon1AUR
- http://basiliskgames.com/ || eschalon2AUR
- FTL — Popular rogue-like space-sim released to positive reception in 2012.
- http://www.ftlgame.com/ || ftlAUR
- Irukandji — Cross-platform 'pay as much as you want' (minimum $1 USD) scheme. A fun score attack shooter, set in an abstract underwater trench. Features unlockables, online score system, and challenges
- http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=11/ || irukandjiAUR
- Minecraft — Java based sandbox game. Very addictive game, big community, lots of updates, do not miss this one
- http://minecraft.net || minecraftAUR
- Prey — First Person Shooter released in 2006 (with a GNU/Linux port in 2008), published by 3D Realms.
- http://www.3drealms.com/prey/index.html || preyAUR
- Rune — 3rd person Adventure / Hack'n Slay based on ut'99. Runs great from box installation
- http://www.runegame.com || not packaged? search in AUR
If running on a low resolution (netbook etc) either play it on external monitor, but you can't see the skill/action bar. You can move the Window pressing Template:Keypress
. You can see the action bar, but then you can't see the health bar anymore. Email Michael from linuxgamepublishing.com and ask for a fix - would be really great if we could fully enjoy this game on Linux netbooks
- http://forum.sacred2.com || not packaged? search in AUR
- http://www.unrealtournament2004.com/utgoty/ || ut1999AUR
- http://www.unrealtournament2004.com || ut2004AUR for the retail version, ut2004-anthologyAUR for the anthology version
- VVVVVV — Highly praised 2d puzzle platform indie game with a C64 retro theme, with a great chiptune soundtrack. You can buy the full version for £1.67, or play the demo. in a browser.
Tip: You may want to backup your save file, which is found at
- http://thelettervsixtim.es/ || vvvvvvAUR
- http://www.2dboy.com || worldofgooAUR