List of Applications/Games/Emulators
An emulator is a program which serves to replicate the functions of another platform or system so as to allow applications and games to be run in environments they were not programmed for. While emulators themselves are not games in a strict sense, they provide users with the ability to play games and therefore have been included in this article.
- Gens2 — emulator of Sega Genesis, Sega CD and 32X; written in assembly language, no longer actively developed.
- activate OpenGL, set video resolution per custom to 1024x600 for streched full-screen or 800x600 for non-streched;
- use "Normal" renderer, I couldn't find a visible advantage with the other ones
- http://www.gens.me/ || AUR
- Gens-GS — Gens2, rewritten in C++, combining features from various Gens forks
- http://segaretro.org/Gens/GS || AUR
- epsxe — emulator of the PlayStation video game console for x86-based PC hardware
- http://www.epsxe.com/ || AUR
- PCSXR — PlayStation emulator; Debian fork of the abandoned original PCSX
- PCSX2 — PlayStation 2 emulator. It is still being maintained and developed
- http://www.pcsx2.net/ || AUR
- FCEUX — NTSC and PAL 8 bit Nintendo/Famicom emulator that is an evolution of the original FCE Ultra emulator; accurate and compatible; actively maintained
- ZSNES — highly compatible Super Nintendo emulator
- set video mode to "640x480 ODS F" for using full screen (but streched) or "800x600 ODS F" for using max height (non-streched)
- video filters: bilinear filter and hq filter activated here working fine, but that's your choice
- Visual Boy Advance — Game Boy emulator with Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Super Game Boy support.
- graphical frontend – AUR
- Mupen64Plus — Highly compatible Nintendo 64 emulator with plugin system.
- DeSmuME — Linux Nintendo DS emulator
- snes-9x — portable, freeware Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator
- Dolphin — very nice GameCube and Wii emulator
- MAME — Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
- ScummVM — virtual machine for old school adventures
- DOSBox — open source DOS emulator which primarily focuses on running DOS Games