List of Applications/Games/Emulators
An emulator is a program which serves to replicate the functions of another platform or system so as to allow applications and games to be run in environments they were not programmed for. While emulators themselves are not games in a strict sense, they provide users with the ability to play games and therefore have been included in this article.
- DeSmuME — Nintendo DS emulator.
- Dolphin — Very nice GameCube and Wii emulator.
- epsxe — Emulator for the PlayStation video game console for x86-based PC hardware.
- http://www.epsxe.com/ || AUR
- fakenes — NES (Nintendo Famicom) emulator.
- FCEUX — NTSC and PAL 8 bit Nintendo/Famicom emulator that is an evolution of the original FCE Ultra emulator. It is accurate, compatible and actively maintained.
- Gens2 — Emulator for Sega Genesis, Sega CD and 32X that is written in assembly language and no longer actively developed.
- activate OpenGL, set video resolution per custom to 1024x600 for streched full-screen or 800x600 for non-streched;
- use "Normal" renderer, I couldn't find a visible advantage with the other ones
- Gens-GS — Gens2, rewritten in C++, combining features from various Gens forks.
- gngeo — Command-line NeoGeo emulator.
- http://gngeo.googlecode.com || AUR
- higan — Multisystem emulator focusing on accuracy, supporting SNES, NES, GB, GBC, GBA.
- mednafen — Command line driven multi system emulator
- Mupen64Plus — Highly compatible Nintendo 64 emulator with plugin system.
- http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/ || and AUR (graphical frontend)
- pSX — A not plugin-based PlayStation emulator with fairly high compatibility.
- PCSXR — PlayStation emulator; Debian fork of the abandoned original PCSX
- PCSX2 — PlayStation 2 emulator. It is still being maintained and developed. It requires BIOS files
- snes-9x — Portable, freeware Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator.
- Visual Boy Advance — Game Boy emulator with Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Super Game Boy support.
- http://vba.ngemu.com/ || AUR
- ZSNES — Highly compatible Super Nintendo emulator.
- DOSBox — Open-source DOS emulator which primarily focuses on running DOS Games.
- DOSEmu — Open-source DOS emulator.
- MAME — Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.
- ResidualVM — Cross-platform 3D game interpreter which allows you to play LucasArts' Lua-based 3D adventures.
- http://residualvm.org/ || AUR
- RetroArch — Frontend to libretro (emulation library, using modified versions of existing emulators as plugins).
- ScummVM — Virtual machine for old school adventures.
- X Neko Project II — PC-9801 emulator