List of Applications/Games/Emulators (Italiano)
An emulator is a program which serves to replicate the functions of another platform or system so as to allow applications and games to be run in environments they were not programmed for. While emulators themselves are not games in a strict sense, they provide users with the ability to play games and therefore have been included in this article.
- Gens2 — An emulator for Sega Genesis, Sega CD and 32X that is written in assembly language and no longer actively developed.
- activate OpenGL, set video resolution per custom to 1024x600 for streched full-screen or 800x600 for non-streched;
- use "Normal" renderer, I couldn't find a visible advantage with the other ones
- http://www.gens.me/ || AUR
- Gens-GS — Gens2, rewritten in C++, combining features from various Gens forks.
- http://segaretro.org/Gens/GS || AUR
- epsxe — An emulator for the PlayStation video game console for x86-based PC hardware.
- http://www.epsxe.com/ || AUR
- PCSXR — A PlayStation emulator; Debian fork of the abandoned original PCSX
- PCSX2 — A PlayStation 2 emulator. It is still being maintained and developed.
- http://www.pcsx2.net/ || AUR
- FCEUX — An NTSC and PAL 8 bit Nintendo/Famicom emulator that is an evolution of the original FCE Ultra emulator. It is accurate, compatible and actively maintained.
- bsnes — A multisystem emulator focusing on accuracy, supporting SNES, NES, GB, GBC, GBA.
- http://byuu.org/bsnes/ || AUR
- ZSNES — A highly compatible Super Nintendo emulator.
- set video mode to "640x480 ODS F" for using full screen (but streched) or "800x600 ODS F" for using max height (non-streched)
- video filters: bilinear filter and hq filter activated here working fine, but that's your choice
- Visual Boy Advance — A Game Boy emulator with Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Super Game Boy support.
- http://vba.ngemu.com/ || and AUR (graphical frontend)
- Mupen64Plus — A highly compatible Nintendo 64 emulator with plugin system.
- http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/ || and AUR (graphical frontend)
- DeSmuME — A Linux Nintendo DS emulator.
- snes-9x — A portable, freeware Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator.
- Dolphin — A very nice GameCube and Wii emulator.
- http://dolphin-emu.org/ || AUR
- fakenes — An NES (Nintendo Famicom) emulator.
- gngeo — A command-line NeoGeo emulator.
- http://gngeo.googlecode.com || AUR
- mednafen — A command line driven multi system emulator
- MAME — A Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.
- ScummVM — A virtual machine for old school adventures.
- DOSBox — An open-source DOS emulator which primarily focuses on running DOS Games.
- RetroArch — A frontend to libretro (emulation library, using modified versions of existing emulators as plugins).
- X Neko Project II — PC-9801 emulator