List of Applications/Games/Free
- 1 Native – Free
- 2 Native – reimplemented
Native – Free
Action and adventure
- 'Astromenace' — AstroMenace is a modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities
- Blob Wars: Blob and Conquer — 3D Action-adventure game, sequel to 2D platform game, Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid
- 'Bloodridge' — Java based, 3d adventure fantasy game
- http://www.hayles.demon.co.uk/bloodridge/bloodridge.html || No package
- BZFlag — Multiperson, first-person tank shooter
- http://bzflag.org/ || Template:Package Official
- Tip: if there happens to be a notable lag when there are lots of enemies on screen or in larger levels, try running the windows version through Wine. It will probably fix this problem. The Windows version and English patch can be found at the cave story tribute site.
- Freedink — Free and enhanced version of the action-adventure "Dink Smallwood"
- Neverball — 3D game to guide a ball through a maze
- Chromium — fast paced, arcade-style, top-scrolling space shooter
- Barrage - Violent point-and-click shooting game with nice effects
- Bomberclone - Free Bomberman-like game for Linux and Windows. The rules of the game are simple: run though a level and bomb other players.
- Ceferino (spanish) - Action game similar to Super Pang
- Cosmic Trip - Fast 3D shooter featuring smooth, psychedelic graphics, fast and addictive gameplay, online high-scores, and free
- Circus Linux! - Clone of the Atari 2600 game "Circus Atari", produced by Atari, Inc
- Crack-attack - Free OpenGL game based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack
- Frozen Bubble - Frozen Bubble arcade game with colorful animated penguin eyecandy
- lbreakout2 - Breakout-style arcade game in the manner of Arkanoid
- LTris - An arcade version of Tetris.
- Noiz2sa - A vertical shooter arcade game with nice abstract graphics, music, and joystick support.
- Pinball - Open source pinball simulator for linux and other unix systems
- PowerManga - Arcade 2D shoot-em-up game with 41 levels and more than 200 sprites
- Tetrinet - Multiplayer online Tetris game for up to six people
- Ri-li - Toy wood engine GPL game
- Tuxanci - Multiplatform game, inspired by well-known czech game Bulanci
- Ultrastar-ng - Clone of SingStar, a music video game
- Viruskiller - Your computer has been invaded! Using your trusty mouse you must shoot the buggers before they can destroy your files!
- Warzone 3 - 3D tank combat simulation game, set during some of the most critical European and Russian battles of the Second World War
- Armagetron Advanced - A Tron Clone in 3D.
- BigFun Motorcycle Trials
- Extreme Tux Racer - A 3D game where you guide Tux the penguin down a course of snow and ice collecting herring. This game replaces "Tux Racer" and "Planet Penguin Racer", which are no longer under development.
- Maniadrive - Arcade car game on acrobatic tracks with quick and nervous gameplay.
- Moon-buggy - Moon Buggy is a simple game for the text mode.
- Super Tux Kart - A kart racing game featuring Tux and his friends.
- Torcs - A 3D racing cars simulator using OpenGL.
- Speed Dreams - Fork of Torcs, aiming to implement exciting new features as well as improving realism.
- Trigger Rally - Free OpenGL rally car racing game.
- Ultimate Stunts - UltimateStunts will be a remake of the famous DOS-game 'stunts'.
- VDrift - An open source driving simulation made with drift racing in mind.
- Tux Paint
- Tux Typing
- Nikki and the Robots — cute physics platformer
- http://joyridelabs.de/game/ || AUR
- Knyttstories — platformer with adventure elements, heavy exploration and downloadable levels
- http://nifflas.ni2.se/ || AUR
- toppler - Reimplementation of the classic jump & run game "Nebulus"
- SuperTux - Mario-style game featuring Tux.
Role Playing Game (RPG)
- Egoboo - Open-source action RPG/dungeon crawling adventure with OpenGL 3D graphics
Shooters: FPS, Third Person
- Cube — open source multiplayer and singleplayer first person shooter game
- http://cubeengine.com/ || AUR
- Assault Cube — free multiplayer FPS, based on the cube engine. Realistic environments, fast, arcade gameplay. Much like Counter-Strike
- Cube 2: Sauerbraten — improved version of the Cube engine
- Red Eclipse — single-player and multi-player first-person ego-shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2
- http://www.redeclipse.net/ || AUR
- Warsow — fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps
- Open Arena — fast multiplayer shooter based on the quake3-engine
- Urban Terror — modern multiplayer FPS based on the ioquake3 engine
- Tremulous — FPS with elements of real time strategy, featuring humans and aliens
- Alien Arena — free, standalone FPS focused mainly on online multiplayer, but can also be played singleplayer against bots
- World Of Padman — stand slone somplex – cartoon-style multiplayer first-person shooter
- Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory
- Nexuiz - A free, open-source first person shooter. Development ceased, most of the developers moved to project Xonotic
- Xonotic - A free, open-source first person shooter (a fork of Nexuiz but with modified gameplay).
- Futuristic Arenas
- Jake 2
- Steam under Linux
- True Combat: Elite(TCE) - A completely free, realistic, team-based modification for Enemy Territory.
- Ancient Arenas
- Danger from the Deep — submarine simulator
- FreeSpace 2 — open sourced space emulator
- Flight Gear — open-source, multi-platform flight simulator
- Beyond The Red Line — completely free stand-alone conversion of Freespace 2 based on the TV show Battlestar Galactica
- Foobillard++ — successor to Foobillard, OpenGL billiard game for Linux
- Pydance — Python DDR game
- http://icculus.org/pyddr/ || AUR
- Stepmania — advanced dance simulation game
- http://www.stepmania.com/ || AUR
- Bygfoot — football (soccer) management game
- Lincity-ng — city simulation game in which you are required to build and maintain a city. You can win the game either by building a sustainable economy or by evacuating all citizens with spaceships
- Simutrans] — another Transport simulation that works on linux with sdl
- http://www.simutrans.com/ || AUR
- Glest — free 3D real-time strategy game, where you control the armies of two different factions: Tech, which is mainly composed of warriors and mechanical devices, and Magic, that prefers mages and summoned creatures in the battlefield
- http://glest.org || AUR
- MegaGlest — fork of Glest, a 3D real-time strategy game in a fantastic world
- Netpanzer — realtime Strategy game like Command and Conquer but without building bases
- http://www.netpanzer.org/ || AUR
- Advanced Strategic Command — turn based strategy game in the tradition of the Battle Isle series
- http://www.asc-hq.org/ || AUR
- Crimson Fields — tactical war game in the tradition of Battle Isle
- http://crimson.seul.org/ || AUR
- UFO Alien Invasion — fight aliens trying to capture Earth
- Crack Attack! — free OpenGL game based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack
- Ksudoku — Sudoku game & more for KDE
- Gnono — GNOME version of the classic card game UNO
- Pingus — Lemmings clone, i.e. a level-based puzzle game
- Netris — unfinished developmental version of Netris, a free networked version of T*tris
- http://www.netris.org/ || AUR
- Xscorch - A clone of the classic DOS game Scorched Earth.
- Cgoban3 - Kiseido Go and SGF client.
- glChess - 3D Chess Frontend.
- Gnudoku -
MMOG - strategies
- Tropic Euro - free online adaptation of the board game Puerto Rico for 2-5 players
MMOG - MMORPG
- Dofus - A free, manga inspired, Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (MMORPG) for Adobe AIR.
- Landes Eternelles
- Eve Online
- Heroes of Newerth - Online, multi-player strategy game that is based upon DoTA (Defense of the Ancients)
- Regnum Online - Cross-platform 3D Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (MMORPG).
- Runescape - Official RuneScape client.
- Savage - The Battle For Newerth - Savage: The Battle for Newerth is an online multiplayer team-based FPS/RTS hybrid. Completely free as of September 2006. (Includes SFE Patches).
- Savage2 - A tortured soul - A fantasy themed online multiplayer team-based FPS/RTS/RPG hybrid. Completely free as of December 2008.
- Second Life - Online, 3D virtual world imagined and created by its residents
- Spiral Knights Free to play Java game developed by Three Rings Design and published by Sega.
- The Mana World - The Mana World (TMW) is a serious effort to create an innovative free and open source MMORPG.
- Vendetta Online
- Wurm Online
- Stendhal Stendhal is a fully fledged multiplayer online adventure game developed using the Arianne game development system.
Native – reimplemented
This section lists games that were initially commercial & closed-source before open-sourcing and ones which engines were re-implemented by insidious Linux developers.
Neither of games had resources opened, only source code. See http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Source_port for details.
- Doomsday — advanced port of the Doom game engine, capable also of running Heretic, and Hexen games
- http://www.dengine.net/ || AUR
- Vavoom — highly advanced Doom engine port with added support for Heretic/Hexen/Strife
- http://vavoom-engine.com/ || AUR
- ZDoom — enhanced Doom port with additional support for Heretic, Hexen and Strife
- http://www.zdoom.org/ || AUR
- GZDoom — Doom source port based on ZDoom with an OpenGL renderer
- PrBoom Plus — enhanced version of the PrBoom Doom engine port
- Remood — advanced Doom game engine based on Doom Legacy
- http://remood.org/ || AUR
- Chocolate Doom — Doom port reproducing the behavior of the original DOS version
- Strawberry Doom — fork of Chocolate Doom extending certain engine limits
- HHexen — Linux port of Raven Game's old shooter, Hexen
- HHeretic — Linux port of Raven Game's old shooter, Heretic
- Doom 1 Demo data – AUR
- Freedoom — project, aimed at creation of free Doom data files
- Hexen 1 Demo game data – AUR
- Heretic Demo game data – AUR
- Blasphemer — project, aimed at creation of free Heretic data files
- stock Doom 3 binaries – AUR
- source-based Doom 3 engine – AUR
- advanced Quake 1 game engine – AUR
- another modern Quake1 engine port – AUR
- free content replacement project for Quake 1 – AUR
- high quality textures for Quake from the Quake Revitalization Project – AUR
- Quake 2 engine – AUR
- advanced Quake 2 engine – AUR
- enhanced Quake 2 engine with Lazarus mod support – AUR
- A true color retexture pak for Quetoo and other Quake2 engines supporting 32bpp tga textures – AUR
Quake 3 Arena
- stock Quake 3 Arena binaries – AUR
- de-facto FOSS Quake 3 distribution – AUR
- demo version – AUR
- Quake 4 engine – AUR