List of Applications/Games/Free
< List of Applications | Games
Revision as of 02:17, 1 February 2012 by AlexanderR (cleaned up a bit, splitting "Native - Reimplemented" into separate sub-article)
Native – Free
Note: For possibly more up to date selection of games, try checking the AUR 'games' category
Action and adventure
- Astromenace — AstroMenace is a modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities
- Blob Wars: Blob and Conquer — 3D Action-adventure game, sequel to 2D platform game, Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid
- Bloodridge — Java based, 3d adventure fantasy game
- http://www.hayles.demon.co.uk/bloodridge/bloodridge.html || not packaged? search in AUR
- BZFlag — Multiperson, first-person tank shooter
- Freedink — Free and enhanced version of the action-adventure "Dink Smallwood"
- http://www.freedink.org/ || AUR
- Neverball — 3D game to guide a ball through a maze
- Chromium — fast paced, arcade-style, top-scrolling space shooter
- Barrage - Violent point-and-click shooting game with nice effects
- Bomberclone - Free Bomberman-like game for Linux and Windows. The rules of the game are simple: run though a level and bomb other players.
- Ceferino (spanish) - Action game similar to Super Pang
- Cosmic Trip - Fast 3D shooter featuring smooth, psychedelic graphics, fast and addictive gameplay, online high-scores, and free
- Circus Linux! - Clone of the Atari 2600 game "Circus Atari", produced by Atari, Inc
- Crack-attack - Free OpenGL game based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack
- Frozen Bubble - Frozen Bubble arcade game with colorful animated penguin eyecandy
- lbreakout2 - Breakout-style arcade game in the manner of Arkanoid
- LTris - An arcade version of Tetris.
- Noiz2sa - A vertical shooter arcade game with nice abstract graphics, music, and joystick support.
- Pinball - Open source pinball simulator for linux and other unix systems
- PowerManga - Arcade 2D shoot-em-up game with 41 levels and more than 200 sprites
- Tetrinet - Multiplayer online Tetris game for up to six people
- Ri-li - Toy wood engine GPL game
- Tuxanci - Multiplatform game, inspired by well-known czech game Bulanci
- Ultrastar-ng - Clone of SingStar, a music video game
- Viruskiller - Your computer has been invaded! Using your trusty mouse you must shoot the buggers before they can destroy your files!
- Warzone 3 - 3D tank combat simulation game, set during some of the most critical European and Russian battles of the Second World War
- Armagetron Advanced - A Tron Clone in 3D.
- BigFun Motorcycle Trials
- Extreme Tux Racer - A 3D game where you guide Tux the penguin down a course of snow and ice collecting herring. This game replaces "Tux Racer" and "Planet Penguin Racer", which are no longer under development.
- Maniadrive - Arcade car game on acrobatic tracks with quick and nervous gameplay.
- Moon-buggy - Moon Buggy is a simple game for the text mode.
- Super Tux Kart - A kart racing game featuring Tux and his friends.
- Torcs - A 3D racing cars simulator using OpenGL.
- Speed Dreams - Fork of Torcs, aiming to implement exciting new features as well as improving realism.
- Trigger Rally - Free OpenGL rally car racing game.
- Ultimate Stunts - UltimateStunts will be a remake of the famous DOS-game 'stunts'.
- VDrift - An open source driving simulation made with drift racing in mind.
- Tux Paint
- Tux Typing
- Nikki and the Robots — cute physics platformer
- http://joyridelabs.de/game/ || AUR
- Knyttstories — platformer with adventure elements, heavy exploration and downloadable levels
- http://nifflas.ni2.se/ || AUR
- toppler - Reimplementation of the classic jump & run game "Nebulus"
- SuperTux - Mario-style game featuring Tux.
Role Playing Game (RPG)
- Egoboo - Open-source action RPG/dungeon crawling adventure with OpenGL 3D graphics
Shooters: FPS, Third Person
- Cube — open source multiplayer and singleplayer first person shooter game
- http://cubeengine.com/ || AUR
- Assault Cube — free multiplayer FPS, based on the cube engine. Realistic environments, fast, arcade gameplay. Much like Counter-Strike
- Cube 2: Sauerbraten — improved version of the Cube engine
- Red Eclipse — single-player and multi-player first-person ego-shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2
- http://www.redeclipse.net/ || AUR
- Nexuiz — free, open-source first person shooter. Development ceased, most of the developers moved to project Xonotic
- Xonotic — free, open-source first person shooter (a fork of Nexuiz but with modified gameplay)
- http://www.xonotic.org/ || AUR
- Warsow — fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps
- Alien Arena — free, standalone FPS focused mainly on online multiplayer, but can also be played singleplayer against bots
- Tremulous — FPS with elements of real time strategy, featuring humans and aliens
- Open Arena — fast multiplayer shooter based on the quake3-engine
- Urban Terror — modern multiplayer FPS based on the ioquake3 engine
- World Of Padman — stand slone somplex – cartoon-style multiplayer first-person shooter
- Danger from the Deep — submarine simulator
- FreeSpace 2 — open sourced space emulator
- Flight Gear — open-source, multi-platform flight simulator
- Beyond The Red Line — completely free stand-alone conversion of Freespace 2 based on the TV show Battlestar Galactica
- Foobillard++ — successor to Foobillard, OpenGL billiard game for Linux
- Pydance — Python DDR game
- http://icculus.org/pyddr/ || AUR
- Stepmania — advanced dance simulation game
- http://www.stepmania.com/ || AUR
- Bygfoot — football (soccer) management game
- Lincity-ng — city simulation game in which you are required to build and maintain a city. You can win the game either by building a sustainable economy or by evacuating all citizens with spaceships
- Simutrans] — another Transport simulation that works on linux with sdl
- http://www.simutrans.com/ || AUR
- Glest — free 3D real-time strategy game, where you control the armies of two different factions: Tech, which is mainly composed of warriors and mechanical devices, and Magic, that prefers mages and summoned creatures in the battlefield
- http://glest.org || AUR
- MegaGlest — fork of Glest, a 3D real-time strategy game in a fantastic world
- Netpanzer — realtime Strategy game like Command and Conquer but without building bases
- http://www.netpanzer.org/ || AUR
- Advanced Strategic Command — turn based strategy game in the tradition of the Battle Isle series
- http://www.asc-hq.org/ || AUR
- Crimson Fields — tactical war game in the tradition of Battle Isle
- http://crimson.seul.org/ || AUR
- UFO Alien Invasion — fight aliens trying to capture Earth
- Crack Attack! — free OpenGL game based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack
- Ksudoku — Sudoku game & more for KDE
- Gnono — GNOME version of the classic card game UNO
- Pingus — Lemmings clone, i.e. a level-based puzzle game
- Netris — unfinished developmental version of Netris, a free networked version of T*tris
- http://www.netris.org/ || AUR