List of Applications/Games/Free
Native – Free
Action and adventure
- Astromenace — Modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities
- Blob Wars: Blob and Conquer — 3D Action-adventure game, sequel to 2D platform game, Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid
- Bloodridge — Java based, 3d adventure fantasy game
- http://www.hayles.demon.co.uk/bloodridge/bloodridge.html || not packaged? search in AUR
- BZFlag — Multiperson, first-person tank shooter
- Freedink — Free and enhanced version of the action-adventure "Dink Smallwood"
- http://www.freedink.org/ || AUR
- Neverball — 3D game to guide a ball through a maze
- Bomberclone — Free Bomberman-like game for Linux and Windows. The rules of the game are simple: run though a level and bomb other players
- Ceferino — Action game similar to Super Pang
- Chromium — Fast paced, arcade-style, top-scrolling space shooter
- Circus Linux! — Clone of the Atari 2600 game "Circus Atari", produced by Atari, Inc
- Crack-attack — Free OpenGL game, based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack
- Noiz2sa — Vertical shooter arcade game with nice abstract graphics, music, and joystick support
- Pinball — Open source pinball simulator for linux and other unix systems
- PowerManga — Arcade 2D shoot-em-up game with 41 levels and more than 200 sprites
- Tetrinet — Multiplayer online Tetris game for up to six people
- http://www.tetrinet.info/ || AUR
- Tuxanci — Multiplatform game, inspired by well-known czech game Bulanci
- Ultrastar-ng — Clone of SingStar, a music video game
- http://performous.org/ || AUR
- Viruskiller — Your computer has been invaded! Using your trusty mouse you must shoot the buggers before they can destroy your files!
- Armagetron Advanced — Tron Clone in 3D
- Extreme Tux Racer — 3D game where you guide Tux the penguin down a course of snow and ice collecting herring
- Maniadrive — Arcade car game on acrobatic tracks with quick and nervous gameplay
- Moon Buggy — Simple game for the text mode
- Speed Dreams — Fork of Torcs, aiming to implement exciting new features as well as improving realism
- Stunt Rally — Game with track editor, based on VDrift and OGRE
- Supertux Kart — Kart racing game featuring Tux and his friends
- Torcs — 3D racing cars simulator using OpenGL
- Trigger Rally — Free OpenGL rally car racing game
- Ultimate Stunts — Remake of the famous DOS-game 'stunts'
- VDrift — Open source driving simulation made with drift racing in mind
- GCompris — Educational software suite comprising of numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10
- Tux Paint — Free drawing program designed for young children.
- Tux Type — Educational typing tutor for kids starring Tux.
- TuxMath — Arcade game that helps kids practice their math facts.
- Knyttstories — Platformer with adventure elements, heavy exploration and downloadable levels
- http://nifflas.ni2.se/ || AUR
- Secret Maryo Chronicles — Mario-style game
- SuperTux — Mario-style game featuring Tux
- Toppler — Reimplementation of the classic jump & run game "Nebulus"
- Cgoban3 — Kiseido Go and SGF client
- Crack Attack! — Free OpenGL game based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack
- glChess — 3D Chess Frontend
- Gnono — GNOME version of the classic card game UNO
- Ksudoku — Sudoku game & more for KDE
- Netris — Unfinished developmental version of Netris, a free networked version of Tetris
- http://www.netris.org/ || AUR
- Pingus — Lemmings clone, i.e. a level-based puzzle game
- Xscorch — Clone of the classic DOS game Scorched Earth
- http://www.xscorch.org/ || AUR
Real Time Strategy (RTS)
- 0 A.D. — 3D and historically-based real-time strategy game, alpha stage
- Boson — OpenGL real-time strategy game, with the feeling of Command&Conquer(tm) or StarCraft(tm)
- Dark Oberon — Open source real-time strategy game similar to Warcraft II.
- Glest — Free 3D real-time strategy game, where you control the armies of two different factions: Tech, which is mainly composed of warriors and mechanical devices, and Magic, that prefers mages and summoned creatures in the battlefield
- http://glest.org || AUR
- Globulation 2 — Multiplayer RTS with some "economic" elements minimizing the amount of micromanagement
- MegaGlest — Fork of Glest, a 3D real-time strategy game in a fantastic world
- Netpanzer — Realtime Strategy game like Command and Conquer but without building bases
- http://www.netpanzer.org/ || AUR
- Spring — RTS game engine. Popular games based on spring include Kernel Panic ( ) and Sping: 1944 ( ).
Role Playing Game (RPG)
- Egoboo — Open-source action RPG/dungeon crawling adventure with OpenGL 3D graphics.
- Flare — Action game siilar to Diablo.
- http://www.flarerpg.org/ || AUR
- Vulture — Isometric graphical interface for NetHack, SlashEM and UnNethack.
Shooters: FPS, Third Person
- Alien Arena — Free, standalone FPS focused mainly on online multiplayer, but can also be played singleplayer against bots
- Assault Cube — Free multiplayer FPS, based on the cube engine. Realistic environments, fast, arcade gameplay. Much like Counter-Strike
- Cube — Open source multiplayer and singleplayer first person shooter game
- http://cubeengine.com/ || AUR
- Cube 2: Sauerbraten — Improved version of the Cube engine
- Nexuiz — Free, open-source first person shooter. Development ceased, most of the developers moved to project Xonotic
- http://alientrap.org/nexuiz || AUR
- nQuake — Fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps. This is the popular Quake / QuakeWorld package, including ezQuake client, 24bit textures, maps, bots and more. Automatic post-installation set up. Can play on-line for free
- Open Arena — Fast multiplayer shooter based on the quake3-engine
- Red Eclipse — Single-player and multi-player first-person ego-shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2
- http://redeclipse.net || AUR
- Tremulous — FPS with elements of real time strategy, featuring humans and aliens
- Unvanquished — Team-based fps/rts hybrid game which pits aliens against humans. Monthly release that can be played on official servers
- http://unvanquished.net/ || AUR
- Urban Terror — Modern multiplayer FPS based on the ioquake3 engine
- Warsow — Fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps
- World Of Padman — Stand slone somplex – cartoon-style multiplayer first-person shooter
- http://worldofpadman.com || AUR
- Xonotic — Free, open-source first person shooter (a fork of Nexuiz but with modified gameplay)
- Blood Frontier – Team oriented multiplayer FPS based on the Cube2 (Sauerbraten) engine
- Futuristic Arenas
- Jake 2
- Steam under Linux
- True Combat: Elite(TCE) - Completely free, realistic, team-based modification for Enemy Territory.
- Ancient Arenas
- Beyond The Red Line — Completely free stand-alone conversion of Freespace 2 based on the TV show Battlestar Galactica
- Bygfoot — Football (soccer) management game
- Danger from the Deep — Submarine simulator
- Flight Gear — Open-source, multi-platform flight simulator
- Foobillard++ — Successor to Foobillard, OpenGL billiard game for Linux
- FreeSpace 2 — Open sourced space emulator
- Pydance — Python Dance Dance Revolution style game
- http://icculus.org/pyddr/ || AUR
- Stepmania — Advanced dance simulation game
- http://www.stepmania.com/ || AUR
- VegaStrike — 3D action-space-sim allowing player to trade and bounty hunt in a vast universe.
- Lincity-ng — City simulation game in which you are required to build and maintain a city. You can win the game either by building a sustainable economy or by evacuating all citizens with spaceships
- Simutrans — Another Transport simulation that works on linux with sdl
- Advanced Strategic Command — Turn based strategy game in the tradition of the Battle Isle series
- http://www.asc-hq.org/ || AUR
- Crimson Fields — Tactical war game in the tradition of Battle Isle
- http://crimson.seul.org/ || AUR
- UFO Alien Invasion — Fight aliens trying to capture Earth