List of applications/Utilities
< List of applications
- pacman-color — A patched version of pacman that has a color enabled output.
- pacman-contrib — A set of utilities for use with the pacman package manager.
- Pacmatic — A pacman wrapper to check Arch News before upgrading, avoid partial upgrades, and warn about configuration file changes.
- pkgfile — A tool that finds what package owns a file.
- pkgtools — A collection of scripts for Arch Linux packages.
- srcpac — A simple tool that automates rebuilding packages from source.
Disk usage display programs
- Filelight — A disk usage analyzer that creates an interactive map of concentric, segmented rings that help visualise disk usage on your computer.
- GdMap — A disk usage analyzer that draws a map of rectangles sized according to file or dir sizes.
- gt5 — A diff-capable "du-browser".
- http://gt5.sourceforge.net || AUR
- ncdu — A simple ncurses disk usage analyzer.
CD/DVD burning tools
- AcetoneISO — An all in one ISO tool (supports BIN, MDF, NRG, IMG, DAA, DMG, CDI, B5I, BWI, PDI and ISO).
- BashBurn — A lightweight terminal based menu frontend for CD/DVD burning tools.
- Brasero — A disc burning application for the GNOME desktop that is designed to be as simple as possible.
- cdw — An ncurses frontend to cdrecord, mkisofs, growisofs, dvd+rw-mediainfo, dvd+rw-format, xorriso.
- http://cdw.sourceforge.net/ || AUR
- GnomeBaker — A full featured CD/DVD burning application for the GNOME desktop.
- Graveman — A GTK based CD/DVD burning application.
- K3b — A feature-rich and easy to handle CD burning application.
- Recorder — A simple frontend to cdrkit/cdrtools, cdrdao, mkisofs and growisofs with limited options and preferences.
- X-CD-Roast — A lightweight cdrtools front-end for CD and DVD writing.
- http://www.xcdroast.org/ || AUR
- Xfburn — A simple frontend to the libburnia libraries with support for CD/DVD(-RW), ISO images and BurnFree.
- Anamnesis — A clipboard manager that stores all the clipboard history and offers an interface to do a full-text search. It has both a commandline and GUI mode available.
- ClipIt — A fork of Parcellite with additional features and bugfixes.
- Glipper — A clipboard manager for the GNOME desktop with many features and plugin support.
- Klipper — A full featured clipboard manager for the KDE desktop.
- Parcellite — A lightweight yet feature-rich clipboard manager.
- atool — A script for managing file archives of various types
- p7zip — A command line port of 7-Zip for POSIX systems, including Linux.
- Ark — Archiving Tool for KDE4.
- File Roller — The default archive manager for GNOME.
- PeaZip — Open source file and archive manager
- Squeeze — A featherweight front-end for command line archiving tools.
- http://squeeze.xfce.org/ || AUR
- Xarchive — generic GTK+ 2 front-end that uses external wrappers around command line archiving tools
- Xarchiver — A lightweight desktop independent archive manager built with GTK+ 2.
- 7zFM — A command line port of 7-Zip for POSIX systems, including Linux. Includes as GUI.
- http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/ || (requires )
- Midnight Commander — A console-based, dual-paned, file manager
- pilot — FM which comes with Alpine
- Ranger — A console based file manager with vi bindings, customizability, and lots of features
- Vifm — A ncurses based two-pane file manager with vi like keybindings
- Andromeda — A Qt-based cross-platform file manager.
- Dino — A simple file manager.
- http://dfm.sourceforge.net/ || AUR
- Dolphin — Default file manager for KDE 4.
- emelFM2 — A file manager that implements the popular two-panel design
- Konqueror — File manager for KDE.
- Krusader — Advanced twin panel (commander style) file manager for KDE
- Nautilus — Extensible, heavyweight file manager used by default in GNOME with support for custom scripts
- PCManFM — A lightweight file manager which features tabbed browsing and can optionally manage the desktop background
- QtFileMan — A file manager such as PCFileMan from LXDE.
- qtfm — A small, lightweight filemanager for Linux desktops based on pure Qt.
- ROX-Filer — A small and fast file manager which can optionally manage the desktop background and panels
- Spacefm — A gtk2 multi-panel tabbed file manager
- Sunflower — Small and highly customizable twin-panel file manager for Linux with support for plugins.
- Thunar — Can be run as a daemon with excellent start up and directory load times. Features support for customizable actions
- tuxcmd — Windowed file manager with 2 panels side by side similar to popular Total Commander or Midnight Commander file managers
- worker — A fast, lightweight and feature-rich file manager for the X Window System
- Xfe — A MS-Explorer or Commander like file manager for X
- diffuse — Small and simple text merge tool written in Python
- KDiff — KDE file comparator/merge tool
- Kompare — A GUI front-end program for viewing and merging differences between source files. Supports a variety of diff formats and provides many options to customize the information level displayed
- meld — A visual diff and merge tool written in Python
- Avant Window Navigator — A lightweight dock which sits at the bottom of the screen.
- http://wiki.awn-project.org/ || AUR
- Bmpanel — A lightweight, NETWM compliant panel for the X11 system
- Cairo-Dock — A highly customizable dock/laucher.
- http://www.glx-dock.org/ || AUR
- Docker — A docking application which acts as a system tray.
- fbpanel — Lightweight, NETWM compliant desktop panel.
- LXPanel — Lightweight X11 desktop panel and part of the LXDE DE.
- pancake — A highly configurable, modular panel for X
- PyPanel — Lightweight panel/taskbar written in Python and C.
- qtpanel — A project to create useful and beautiful panel in Qt
- Stalonetray — A stand-alone system tray.
- Tint2 — Simple panel/taskbar developed specifically for Openbox.
- Trayer — Swallows GTK 1.2/2.x application docklets, and KDE docklets.
- wbar — A quick launch bar developed with speed in mind
- kooldock — A KDE docker with great effects.
- krename — A very powerfull batch file renamer for KDE.