List of applications/Utilities
Basic shell commands
- Core Utilities — The basic file, shell and text manipulation utilities of the GNU operating system
- Pacmatic — Pacman wrapper to check Arch News before upgrading, avoid partial upgrades, and warn about configuration file changes.
- pkgfile — Tool that finds what package owns a file.
- pkgtools — Collection of scripts for Arch Linux packages.
- srcpac — Simple tool that automates rebuilding packages from source.
Disk usage display programs
- Filelight — Disk usage analyzer that creates an interactive map of concentric, segmented rings that help visualise disk usage on your computer.
- GdMap — Disk usage analyzer that draws a map of rectangles sized according to file or dir sizes.
- gt5 — Diff-capable "du-browser".
- http://gt5.sourceforge.net || AUR
- ncdu — Simple ncurses disk usage analyzer.
CD/DVD burning tools
- Anamnesis — Clipboard manager that stores all the clipboard history and offers an interface to do a full-text search. It has both a commandline and GUI mode available.
- ClipIt — Fork of Parcellite with additional features and bugfixes.
- CopyQ — Clever clipboard manager with searchable and editable history, custom actions on items and command line support.
- Glipper — Clipboard manager for the GNOME desktop with many features and plugin support.
- Klipper — Full featured clipboard manager for the KDE desktop.
- loliclip — Clipboard synchronizer developed for WM users.
- Parcellite — Lightweight yet feature-rich clipboard manager.
- atool — Script for managing file archives of various types.
- p7zip — Port of 7-Zip for POSIX systems, including Linux. The commandline tool is called 7z.
- Ark — Archiving tool included in the KDE desktop.
- File Roller — Archive manager included in the GNOME desktop.
- p7zip — Port of 7-Zip for POSIX systems, including Linux. The GUI requires wxGTK and is called 7zFM.
- PeaZip — Open source file and archive manager.
- http://www.peazip.org/peazip-linux.html || AUR AUR
- Squeeze — Featherweight front-end for commandline archiving tools.
- http://squeeze.xfce.org/ || AUR
- Xarchive — Generic GTK2 front-end that uses external wrappers around commandline archiving tools.
- Xarchiver — Lightweight desktop independent archive manager built with GTK+.
- Midnight Commander — Console-based, dual-paneled file manager.
- Pilot — File manager that comes with the Alpine email client.
- Ranger — Console-based file manager with vi bindings, customizability, and lots of features.
- Vifm — Ncurses-based two-panel file manager with vi-like keybindings.
- Andromeda — Qt-based cross-platform file manager.
- Dino — Easy to use and powerful file manager built in Qt.
- http://dfm.sourceforge.net/ || AUR
- Dolphin — File manager included in the KDE4 desktop.
- emelFM2 — File manager that implements the popular two-panel design.
- Konqueror — File manager for the KDE desktop.
- Krusader — Advanced twin panel (Midnight Commander style) file manager for the KDE desktop.
- Nautilus — Extensible, heavyweight file manager used by default in GNOME with support for custom scripts.
- Nemo — Nemo is the file manager of the Cinnamon desktop. A good alternative to Nautilus.
- PCManFM — Lightweight file manager which features tabbed browsing and can optionally manage the desktop background.
- QtFileMan — File manager similar to PCManFM from LXDE.
- qtFM — Small, lightweight filemanager for Linux desktops based on pure Qt.
- ROX — Small and fast file manager which can optionally manage the desktop background and panels.
- SpaceFM — GTK+ multi-panel tabbed file manager.
- Sunflower — Small and highly customizable twin-panel file manager for Linux with support for plugins.
- Thunar — File manager that can be run as a daemon with excellent start up and directory load times.
- Tux Commander — A windowed file manager with two panels side by side similar to popular Total Commander or Midnight Commander file managers.
- Worker — Fast, lightweight and feature-rich file manager for the X Window System.
- Xfe — Microsoft Explorer-like file manager for X (X File Explorer).
- Diffuse — Small and simple text merge tool written in Python.
- KDiff3 — File and directory diff and merge tool for the KDE desktop.
- Kompare — GUI front-end program for viewing and merging differences between source files. It supports a variety of diff formats and provides many options to customize the information level displayed.
- Meld — Visual diff and merge tool that can compare files, directories, and version controlled projects.
- Avant Window Navigator — Lightweight dock which sits at the bottom of the screen.
- http://launchpad.net/awn || AUR
- Bmpanel — Lightweight, NETWM compliant panel for the X11 system.
- Cairo-Dock — Highly customizable dock and launcher application.
- Docker — Docking application which acts as a system tray.
- fbpanel — Lightweight, NETWM compliant desktop panel.
- KoolDock — KDE3 docker with great effects that tries to resemble the Mac OS X dock.
- LXPanel — Lightweight X11 desktop panel and part of the LXDE desktop.
- pancake — Highly configurable, modular panel for the X11 system.
- PyPanel — Lightweight panel/taskbar written in Python and C.
- qtpanel — Project to create useful and beautiful panel in Qt.
- Stalonetray — Stand-alone system tray.
- Tint2 — Simple panel/taskbar developed specifically for Openbox.
- Trayer — Lightweight GTK+-based systray.
- wbar — Quick launch bar developed with speed in mind.
- Xfce Panel — Panel included in the Xfce desktop.
- GPRename — GTK+ batch renamer for files and directories.
- KRename — Very powerful batch file renamer for the KDE desktop.
- pyRenamer — Application for the mass renaming of files.
- rename.pl — Batch renamer based on perl regex.