Welcome to the ArchWiki: your source for Arch Linux documentation on the web.
Visit the Table of Contents for a listing of ArchWiki categories.
The following links are useful for those getting started with Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux
- A brief overview of Arch Linux; describes what to expect from an Arch Linux system.
- The Arch Way
- Describes the principles and philosophy of Arch Linux.
- Arch Compared to Other Distributions
- Summarizes the similarities and differences between Arch and other distributions.
- Getting Involved
- Describes various ways Archers (both new and experienced users) can contribute to the Arch community.
- Forum Etiquette
- Guidelines for Arch forum members.
- Beginners' Guide
- A guide through the whole process of installing and configuring Arch Linux; written for new or inexperienced users.
- Installation Guide
- A concise installation guide; aimed at experienced Arch users.
- A list of common and frequently asked questions.
- General Recommendations
- An annotated index of other popular articles and often-referenced information.
- ArchWiki Tutorial
- A short tutorial on editing and contributing to the Arch Linux wiki.
Check the Wiki News page for the latest lowdown on the wiki.
If willing and able to contribute to the wiki, please see this list for ideas.
More comfortable reading articles in your native language? Click here for a list of available language categories and other internationalization information.
If looking for specific information, try using the search box to the left. Alternatively, use your favorite web search engine which likely provides a special syntax for restricting results to a particular website (usually appending
site:wiki.archlinux.org to the search terms is enough).
You must create an account to edit this wiki. Once done, you can play around in the Sandbox or your user page to familiarize yourself with ArchWiki markup. The available syntax is listed in Category:Help along with other helpful resources.