Welcome to the ArchWiki; the finest source of Arch Linux documentation on the web.
The following links are useful for those getting started with Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux
- A brief overview of Arch Linux; describes what to expect from an Arch Linux system.
- The Arch Way
- Describes the principles and philosophy of Arch Linux.
- Arch Compared to Other Distributions
- Summarizes the similarities and differences between Arch and other distributions.
- ArchWiki Tutorial
- A short tutorial on editing and contributing to the Arch Linux wiki.
- Forum Etiquette
- Guidelines for Arch forum members.
- Getting Involved
- Describes various ways Archers (both new and experienced users) can contribute to the Arch community.
- Beginners' Guide
- A guide through the whole process of installing and configuring Arch Linux; written for new or inexperienced users.
- Official Arch Linux Install Guide
- A more general installation guide; assuming the user is more experienced in UNIX/GNU/Linux methodology. The official location for this guide is here.
- Self-explanatory; a list of common and frequently asked questions.
- General Recommendations
- An annotated index of other popular articles and often-referenced information.
Check the Wiki News page for the latest lowdown on the wiki.
If willing and able to contribute to the wiki, please see this list for ideas. Specifically, people are needed to help recategorize the non-English pages. Please coordinate your activities with admins and sysops.
More comfortable reading articles in your native language? Click here for a list of available language categories and other internationalization information.
If looking for specific information, try using the search box to the left. Alternatively, use Google's "site" search feature by appending site:wiki.archlinux.org to search terms (e.g. search this site for "Arch Linux").
You must create an account to edit this wiki. Once done, you can play around in the Sandbox or your user page to familiarize yourself with ArchWiki markup. The available syntax is listed in the Wiki Help Category along with other helpful resources.